The overnight hunts take place at the historic Magnolia Manor Bed and Breakfast, located in Bolivar, Tennessee. This beautiful home was built in 1849 by a prominent Tennessee judge named Austin Miller and was even occupied by the Union army in 1862. The house remained in the Miller family until the 1970s. In 1995, it was restored to its original splendor and opened as a bed and breakfast. Since then, the owner of the home and countless guests have experienced paranormal activity on a regular basis.
It is because of this frequent and documented paranormal activity that the Memphis - Mid South Ghost Hunters chose Magnolia Manor as the perfect place to teach paranormal investigator training workshops. During these overnight workshops (typically offered once per month), everyday people are taught the basics of ghost hunting, and many have witnessed paranormal activity for themselves. The ghost hunts cost $250* per couple (or for single occupancy, if visiting alone) and includes:
- One night's lodging at Magnolia Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Discussion of paranormal investigation theories and methods
- Use of high tech investigation equipment (which is also available for purchase)
- Paranormal investigation equipment instruction and training
- Conducted ghost hunt investigation ending at 12:00 midnight
- Complimentary breakfast served on Sunday morning
To see dates for upcoming ghost hunts and to make reservations, visit the Memphis - Mid South Ghost Hunters website.
For additional information about Magnolia Manor, please visit www.magnoliamanorbolivartn.com.
If you would like to receive reminders of upcoming ghost hunts, please sign up for the free About Memphis newsletter.
*Prices are subject to change.