Across the Mid-South, folks gather to honor those who have given their service to our country. Here are some of the Veterans Day events going on in the Memphis Area in 2012:
- Memphis Veterans Day Parade--The parade will take place on November 12th at 10:00 a.m. and travel down Second Street from Exchange to Monroe.
- National Cemetery Service--On November 11th at 2:00 p.m. there will be a special Veterans Day service held at the National Cemetery on Townes, near Jackson and National.
- Veterans Appreciation Luncheon in Southaven--Though usually held annually on November 11th, this year's luncheon will take place on November 11, 2012. It is free to veterans and $10 for guests. Reservations are required by calling 662-393-6939.
- West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery Service--The annual Veterans Day service at the West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery on South Forest Hill Irene Road will be held on November 12, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
- Veterans Day Celebration in Collierville--On November 4th, Collierville's town square will be hosting a celebration with music, refreshments, stories from veterans, and a 21 gun salute and taps by the Marine Corps League.
- Millington's Veterans Program and Reception--Head down to Baker Community Center at 11:00 a.m. on November 8th for a service honoring veterans with a dessert reception to follow. Admission is free to veterans and their families and $3.00 for non-military.
- Veterans Day Ceremony in Bartlett--This ceremony will be held on November 11, 2012 at Veterans Park, adjacent to W.J. Freeman Park in Bartlett, and will begin at 2:00 p.m.
- Veterans Day Ceremony in Overton Park--Each year, the local Daughters of the American Revolution hold a Veterans Day ceremony at Veterans Plaza in Overton Park. 2012 information TBA
- Veterans Day Program in Arlington--On November 11th at 3:00 p.m., head to Depot Square for a program featuring live music and more.