When and Where are Auditions Going to be Held?:
Memphis auditions will be held at:
The FedEx Forum
191 Beale Street
Memphis, TN 38103
on September 3rd, 2006
Registration begins September 1, 2006
Who is Eligible to Participate?:
- Legal U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. residents who are eligible to work full-time in the U.S.
- Persons who are ages 16-28 on August 6, 2006.
How Do I Register to Audition?:
Registration begins on September 1st. You may line up at the FedEx Forum at the Main Entrance Plaza doors no earlier than 6:00 a.m. Registration continues to the morning of September 3rd. Remember that the earlier you register, the better chance you have of securing a spot on audition day. Check out what items must be brought to registration below.
What Should I Bring to Registration?:
- You must bring the downloaded and signed American Idol release form.
- You must bring two forms of ID that show proof of age and a photo (e.g., a driver's license and a birth certificate).
- If under 18, you must bring a parent or legal guardian (who can prove guardianship) with you.
How Does the Registration Process Work?:
After showing proper ID, you will be given a wristband and a seat ticket (provided they are still available). You will be allowed one person to accompany you to the audition. However, that one person must be present when you register to receive their wristband and ticket.
What Happens on Audition Day?:
Once you have your wristband and ticket, you and your guest will need to return to the FedEx Forum by 5:00 am on September 3rd. At that time, you must also have your wristband, ticket and the two forms of ID that you used to register. If you lose your ticket or wristband, you will go to the end of the line and have to reregister, assuming space is still available. The auditions will begin sometime around 8:00 a.m. You will need to be in your assigned seat at that time.
Once you have auditioned, we would love to hear your stories! Send your experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible inclusion on this site.