Tom Lee Park on Riverside Drive between Beale Street and Georgia Avenue in downtown Memphis.
Dates and Times:
Thursday, May 16 -- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight
Friday, May 17 -- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight
Saturday, May 18 -- 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Advance tickets will go on sale in March 2013.
$8.00 per day in advance
$9.00 at the gate
Admission is free for kids 6 and younger.
- Tom Lee Park, the site of the Barbecue Cooking Contest is one mile from end to end. In addition, the month of May is typically quite warm and humid in Memphis. Comfortable shoes and plenty of water are recommended.
- Due to health regulations, teams are not allowed to serve barbecue to the general public. There will, however, be vendors on site selling barbecue and other food. In addition, visitors may participate in the People's Choice Contest which will give them a sampling of five team's barbecues.
- Comfortable shoes and plenty of water are recommended.
- No beverages, bicycles, cans, containers, coolers, food, glass bottles, laser pointers, lawn chairs, oversized umbrellas, pets, roller blades, roller skates, water guns, no thrown objects such as baseballs, footballs, frisbees, etc., or weapons will be allowed into the event.
- Food vendors only accept cash.
- Barbecue cooking demonstrations are scheduled throughout the duration of the competition. Pick up an event program at the park's entrance for demonstration times.