The Bottom Line
- A leisurely way to tour downtown Memphis
- A romantic mode of transportation, perfect for dates
- Inclement weather can make a carriage tour less than fun.
- Carriage Tours of Memphis now offers the Cinderella carriage that looks like a pumpkin!
- Each driver has a dog that accompanies him or her.
- The horses that pull the carriages are Belgians and Percheron Draft horses.
Guide Review - Carriage Tours of Memphis
I took a carriage ride recently and chose the Peabody Place tour. Though brief in duration, this ride took me on a tour through Beale Street, past the Peabody Hotel, the Orpheum Theatre, and the Fed Ex Forum. I found the carriage surprisingly comfortable and the driver remarkably knowledgeable.
Barring inclement weather, carriages are available day and night for tours and transportation. Fees for these services start at $15.00.
Carriage Tours of Memphis
393 North Main Street
Memphis, Tennessee 38103