The Bottom Line
- Huey's offers tasty food at very reasonable prices.
- Although Huey's has a bar, it is also quite family friendly.
- There are seven Huey's locations in the Memphis area.
- The wait at Huey's can sometimes be quite lengthy.
- The server's are often very rushed, resulting in less than stellar service.
- Huey's is decorated in graffiti, Christmas lights, and assorted memorabilia.
- The restaurant hosts live music every Sunday night.
- Huey's is located in Downtown, Midtown, East Memphis, Cordova, Southwind, Collierville, and Southaven.
Guide Review - Huey's
We went on a Sunday night at the suggestion of a friend who wanted to see the local band, The Dempsey's, who would be playing at the Collierville Huey's. We arrived a good twenty minutes prior to the start of the show but didn't manage to get a table until after the band had begun their set.
Our waiter was dashing from one table to another but managed to take our orders pretty quickly. While we waited for our food to arrive, my party of four each took turns trying to propel toothpicks into the ceiling (this is a Huey's tradition). I am sad to say that my efforts proved unsuccessful, as usual. Shortly thereafter though, our meals arrived. I had ordered the old stand-by -- a Huey burger with no onions and a side of onion rings for a total of less than $7.00.* I tried to convince my husband to try the Huey burger (after all, it is consistently voted Memphis' best burger) but he choose the Chicken Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with onion rings. His meal totaled just under $8.00.* I've got to say, when I saw his ooey-gooey cheesey sandwich, I was a little sorry I hadn't ordered it for myself.
The entertainment of the evening was also surprisingly good. Though rockabilly certainly isn't my preferred genre of music, The Dempsey's were very energetic and fun to listen to. All in all, we had a nice evening.
*Prices listed in this review were accurate at its writing but are, of course, subject to change.
Click here for an explanation of how stars are awarded.