The Bottom Line
- Dinstuhl's confections are always fresh because they are made locally.
- Dinstuhl's has four Memphis area locations.
- They hand make a full line of Southern confections including divinity and pralines.
- Because they are a small company, they will occasionally be sold out of a particular candy.
- During the week, Dinstuhl's is only open during regular business hours.
- There is no sweeter gift for Valentine's Day than a box of Dinstuhl's chocolate covered strawberries.
- Dinstuhl's Cashew Crunch, a cashew brittle that is dusted with coconut, is the company's best seller.
- The pralines at Dinstuhl's are every bit as good as Grandma's -- maybe better!
Guide Review - Dinstuhl's Fine Candies
If you can't decide just what to try, chat with the friendly staff at Dinstuhl's. They are happy to make recommendations based on your personal tastes and have even been known to offer a sample or two. For the carb-conscious, Dinstuhl's offers an extensive line of sugar-free candies including chocolate covered creams, jellies, and nuts.
At the Pleasant View Dinstuhl's location, you can see the candy makers at work. In fact, Dinstuhl's invites school groups to call and schedule a tour of their facilities. Having experienced this tour myself, I should warn you that you will be tempted to take home many of the shop's sweets when the tour is complete.
If you have never tried Dinstuhl's candy, stop in and pick up a piece (or two or three). You will certainly not be disappointed -- these chocolatiers have been in business since 1902 and their expertise is evident in their product.
5280 Pleasant View Rd
Memphis, TN 38134
436 S. Grove Park Rd
Memphis, TN 38117
7730 Poplar Avenue, Ste 3
Germantown, TN 38138