1. Local

Is Elvis Alive?

By January 17, 2013

If I had to guess, I would say that about half of the emails I receive from readers have questions about Elvis Presley in them. Folks ask me easy to answer things like, "What does TCB stand for?" and much trickier questions like, "How much would an 'I Love Elvis' pennant have cost at a 1970's Elvis concert?" (the answer to that, by the way, is $2.00).

In any case, one question that comes up time and time again is, "Do you think Elvis is really alive?"

Usually, the person asking already believes this on some level and is looking for evidence or validation to support their belief. Unfortunately, my short answer is no. I don't think Elvis is really alive. I do think, however, that there are a few things that could make one wonder--just like most other conspiracy theories have some nuggets of truth to them. Nevertheless, I find it highly unlikely that someone as easily recognizable as Elvis could live incognito for all these years.

But never mind what I think. I want to know your thoughts. Could Elvis still be alive? Post a comment below and tell us what you think.

Comments

January 23, 2013 at 12:12 pm
(1) William F. Slater III says:

I used to think that the King had faked his death, but after seeing all the witness’ accounts and reports of his death, I think the King’s Death would be harder to fake and keep secret than the Apollo Moon Landings.

But I still love the King. I’d like think that think that he is the very first among us to achieve Digital Immortality, and that someday, 100 to 150 years from know, that they will rename Planet Earth to be Planet Elvis. In all the known Universe, it would be the most fitting tribute that I can think of.

In the meantime, visit the world’s most popular Elvis Shrine. It’s free, fun, and educational.

May the King Be With Us!
http://billslater.com/elvis <—- Link to the Elvis Shrine

January 23, 2013 at 10:19 pm
(2) Nancy says:

I have often thought Elvis just left. Maybe he just couldn’t do it anymore.And if anyone could pull it off, he could..until I walked in his front door.I had seen pictures about the home but nothing that really out of the normal for a fan. When some of the people went ahead of me they were making different comments about the beautiful room sand decorations so yeah I was excited to get in.It was all they had said and more.Then before I was 3 steps in I felt like cold water had been poured over me.I started shaking so bad I was held up by a guard and my husband.As soon as I was back to the door it all went away.I was telling them what I had felt we all noticed I wasn’t wet from sweat or anything on me.and I wasn’t cold to the touch. I went back in and it happened again.With my husband holding on to me we went to the living room door and by this time it was gone again.I had no more coldness or shaking or rapid heart beating anywhere else!

January 30, 2013 at 6:23 pm
(3) http://www.biochemistry.org/Conferences/AllConferences/tabid/379/View/GeneralInfo/MeetingNo/sa016/MeetingID/2100/Default.aspx says:

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a
blogger, and I was curious about your situation; we have developed some nice procedures and we are
looking to trade techniques with others, be sure to
shoot me an e-mail if interested.

February 17, 2013 at 1:29 pm
(4) TinyHands41 says:

@Teresa to your comment

You may watch my Videos maybe it helps a litle bit althought
my site are just “questions and speculation ” maybe you are interested
to risk a look :-)

TinyHands41

February 17, 2013 at 1:35 pm
(5) TinyHands41 says:

@Teresa to your comment

Maybe you like to watch my Videos althought they are just “questions” and “speculations” but as I said maybe will like to risk a look :-)

TinyHands41

February 17, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(6) TinyHands41 says:
June 5, 2013 at 10:33 am
(7) Mickey Moran says:

Yes, Elvis is alive. elvisconspiracy.webs.com

June 10, 2013 at 10:24 am
(8) debs says:

Hi everyone i am a huge Elvis fan from UK. I have always believed that there is every possibility that Elvis did not die on August 16th 1977 and needed a great deal of healing and rest to be able to live a far more normal life. Is he still alive now in 2013?possibly. Will he make a come back? I doubt it because it took so much courage to put his life back together. So wherever you are Elvis i wish you love and light. Xx

July 15, 2013 at 1:36 am
(9) http://saltburntown.co.uk/jobstest/view/artefact.php?artefact=409&view=138 says:

Is Elvis Alive?

July 22, 2013 at 7:28 pm
(10) triplettray43@gmail says:

i was 14 me and my mother went to graced in 1978 they was a hour be hind opening the gates when we got to the pool they was a man setting on the couch look just like elvis he look at me and my mom out the screan door for about five min .got up closed the door had his sunglasses on the one he always had on the pool was wet around it foot tracks went right to the door he had the sideburns black hair my mom said sure wish isaved some more film still got phothos of me thrir when i was young know what i SAW

October 24, 2013 at 4:22 pm
(11) marie coupel says:

hi there my name is lynette coupel from baton rouge la.i myself I believe elvis is alive and well.i always felt that in my heart.HE never did pass away in my book.the king still lives.my oldest brother served in the army with elvis Presley.i was 4 yrs.old when they inlisted my oldest brother.he was just 17 at that time.him and elvis should be about the same age.they probably met too.i am sure they did.i know that he is alive.people that I know told me this.A friend of mine said that her best friend went to go visit the mansion,and the security guard told her mam” I am so sorry butt no one is allowed right now to visit graceland because the king is in there.and she said when she looked up in the front window of graceland he was looking at her.she liked to have had a heart attack.i would give anything in the world to see the king.i was too young at the time.my oldest sister loved elvis Presley.she had every record that he ever made.albums.i am planning on going to graceland,me and my friend.it will not be long from now.i loved elvis like a big brother.maybe I might see him there at graceland.i know that I will.thanks.LYNETTE COUPEL FROM BATON ROUGE LA.

October 24, 2013 at 7:44 pm
(12) lynette coupel says:

hey.my name is lynette coupel.my friend miss jerry lecombe got to meet the king.that was in 1977.that was the concert where they said he was drunk.elvis Presley is still alive and well he is.and and I was told.he has been spotted at too many places.so we know that he is still living.and I also heard from the grapevine that whenever graceland shuts down for a while they said he is inside the mansion.and does not want to be disturbed by anyone.that is his little quite time.and we cant blame the king for that.he is such an awesome person.that I was told.very generous.and kindhearted.i truly believe if he could have found the right woman to settle down with.i think he has a girlfriend now.or he might be single again.we loved elvis.lynette coupel from baton rouge,la.