For many families, Thanksgiving afternoon and evening is rather anticlimactic. The food has been eaten, friends have gone home, and Grandpa is dozing in front of the T.V. while the football game blares in the background. If this sounds like Thanksgiving at your place, don't worry, there are still plenty of things to do in Memphis when dinner is over.
- Zoo on Ice and Zoo Lights -- Head down to the Memphis Zoo from 5:30 to 10:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and enjoy the holiday lights and Memphis' only outdoor ice skating rink.
- Huey's -- Three Huey's locations will be open on Thanksgiving evening if you need a drink or a late night bite to eat (think burgers, not turkey).
- Shopping -- Although the real shopping begins on Friday, some stores (including Toys 'R Us) will be open on Thanksgiving evening so you can get your shopping started early.
- Movies -- Movie theaters are one of the few places open on both Thanksgiving and Christmas and catching the latest flick can be a nice way to relax at the end of a busy holiday.
- Bowling -- Work off some of that turkey dinner with a game or two of bowling. This is a fun activity for the whole family.